Sunday, January 13, 2013

Grass and Rejection

Where have I been this time, you wonder?

Well, I finished a Swedish gardening and greenhouse program (Swedish due to the language not the style in which the growing of plants was done) and, much more importantly, I finished the book I was writing. It's the first of a series I've planned. I didn't even chicken out after doing the read through. I wrote up a lovely query letter, did some agent hunting, and sent it in to the first of many. I started work on the second book, though have admittedly lost a little steam after receiving the first rejection letter from the first agent I sent a query to.

I fully prepared myself for the fact that seeking an agent was going to be a long and painful endeavor (especially since most want you to wait until they've rejected you before sending in to another) but no amount of logic can sooth the pessimistic poet in you when your work goes unwanted.

But fret not, my attempts will continue. I have a whole list of potential agents here that I intend to bother with my hopes and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment