Sunday, January 13, 2013

Physics Quilt

So this is a quilt I was working on last year for my youngest brother, he's in university now studying mathematics and physics (don't worry, I don't understand any of it either).

This is actually the first quilt I ever did on my own. As you can see even in this picture, it doesn't really line up perfectly but I feel like that's a part of it's charm.

I made it particularly long because, well, he's particularly tall.

I wanted to use fabrics that were specific to him so I managed to find this amazing site called Spoonflower where people can design their own prints and sell them through this site, the Spoonflower company prints the fabrics on demand and mails them out, kicking back a percent of the profit to the designers.

One is a light blue Fibonacci Spiral and the other is Equations.

This was really fun to make and I'm happy to have sent it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment