Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wontons


Wontons are a labor of love. Either you love wontons or you love the person you're making them for.

They're incredibly easy to make, just chop up whatever you want inside and mix it in a bowl (I used carrots, mushrooms, vegetarian ground beef, and onions). Lay out some wonton raps, flour side down. Put a little of the mixture in the middle and then wet two sides before folding it into a triangle and pressing. Some people make them into little packets instead of triangles by bunching the sides but I think the triangles are easier. The only thing about wontons is how tedious they can be. You can only put a little in each one and it takes a bit of time to set out and seal each of them.

We boil them real quick before eating but you can always fry them... lets face it, you can fry anything if you really want to.

1 comment:

  1. Let's face it... I want to fry everything!!!

    Somehow I missed your post about moving your blog (probably because I've hardly had time to check my blogroll lately due to school). I'm so glad I checked to find out why I hadn't seen anything from you in a while.

    ReplyDelete